Friday, April 24, 2009

Ahh....the Warmth

Spring/Summer is finally here. It's a lovely 82 right now and I just got back from my first flower buying of the season. I'm going to try hard this year to plant more perennials so my cost goes down year to year. I also bought my first rose bush. I've stayed away from them because I've always figured them to be a fussy plant. I'm not good with fussy. If it's meant to live in my yard then it better be able to fend for itself. I had to hold off on buying plants for pots. We are going to finally paint/stain our deck and there's no sense in filling pots so they can sit in the lawn. Now that the pollen is done dropping we can get to it. Now if I can just wrangle my husband away from his boat and onto the deck.

Well, off to treat myself to a iced caramel latte. First of many this summer.

Speaking of lattes...here is shot of "Latte" yarn made into a gift for someone for her birthday. Shhh...don't tell her.

No comments:

Post a Comment