Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Wind Down

I really love this time of year when things begin to wind down. Volleyball season has ended. Girl Scouts ended tonight. End of the year events are happening at school. All this leads up to the easy breezy days of summer. Sleeping in, camps, vacations and no schedules. As the girls have gotten older I fight more for down time. Our schedules can get too crazy during the school year.

I'm trying to finish up some knitting as well. I want to move on from my spring knitting to my summer knitting. I need to finish up the items below.

5/20/09

First is a pair of socks for my DH who wears a 13 shoe. Big socks! Second is my Crabby Shawl. I am loving knitting this and I think a second one is in order. I just bought 5 skeins of Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb on Ravelry and I think it will make a beautiful shawl. The last item is my drop stitch scarf. It's been my in the carpool line knitting and I just want to be done with it.

My summer knitting will consist of She Knits Mystery Bag KAL and the Socks from the Toe Up KAL. I'm sure I will throw something else into the mix but that's plenty for now. No over committing!

I've also began my summer reading. I've started the Twilight series and think that will be perfect beach/back yard reading. I didn't think I would like it but I'm hooked. Please hold back on giving me flack. I know it's drivel but drivel can be good for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment