Monday, June 22, 2009

Still Here

I'm still here. We've had a pretty busy week or two. My Girl Scout troop had a blood drive. It wasn't as successful as we were hoping but it's hard to get donors during the summer months, let alone a summer weekend. I however, donated for the first time ever and had a great experience. I will definitely do it again, and again...

I also took 5 girls to a local water park this weekend. It was close to 100 degrees that day so there was no better place to be. Fun was had by all but I was "done" by 5pm and ready to head home.

We've also just completed staining our deck and redoing the screen system on the screen porch. It's taken 4 weekends but it's done. Just in time for it to be too hot to even sit outside.

As for knitting, I've been busy with that as well. I finished my socks for the Toe Up KAL. I love these socks and pattern. I followed directions completely and they fit perfectly.



I've also completed clue one in the She Knits Mystery bag KAL. Not much to show there seeing as we've just made the bottom of the bag.

Lastly, I've completed the back and started the fronts of the Nantucket Red cardigan. This week I'm hoping to make some serious progress. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment