Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

Let's start out with projects completed in 2008...

2008 Projects

Not a bad year as far as knitting goes. I'm looking forward to more sweater knitting this year as well as continuing my sock habit. I am going to try curtail the sock yarn buying and try to use stash. We'll have to see how that goes.

Outside of knitting, this last year has been been a learning experience. Here are a few things I've learned.

1. Your best friend can just walk away.
2. You can get paid for doing something you love. All you have to do is ask.
3. No matter how old you get, there will always be people who behave like they are still in high school.
4. Life is too short to hang out with mean people.
5. There is always room for one more dog.
6. I can be happy during the holidays...it just takes planning and control.
7. I still hate planning and cooking meals. I thought it would get better as I age but it doesn't...it gets worse.
8. I can become a full blown yarn snob. It does take a little extra money but it is so worth it!
9. I can belong to too many sock clubs at once.

and finally...

10. I love the Wii! We got it for the kids this year for Xmas and am addicted to it. I play it almost as much as the kids. I am waiting for them to go back so school so I can have it all to myself. I'm going to have to add a widget on the side listing my total Wii hours.

1 comment: