Monday, January 4, 2010

Lessons Learned

This year I decided not to make resolutions.  I don't need the pressure. At the same time I did think back over the year and tried to recall what I have learned.  Below are some of the things I could remember.


Just because you write it doesn't mean it will be read (ie. sticky notes, facebook, twitter, email...)

Severe acid reflux can feel like a heart attack (Prilosec is now my friend)

If you think someone is crazy...they probably are (nuff said)

I do need vacations (scheduling a mini one as we speak)

I can knit so much that my hands actually hurt (in the end I earned a huge gift card to Webs....worth the pain)

I still hate seaming sweaters ( ie. Nantucket sweater...still in pieces)

Once a yarn snob...always a yarn snob (buying yarn from a box store is no longer fun)

Once one thing breaks in the house, the rest will follow (furnace, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer)

Teenagers will make you crazy (and she only just turned 13!)

A hot bath and a glass of wine can cure many things (amen)


There has been knitting as well.  There always is.  But I'll save that for the next post.  Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment