Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sock Mojo

I recently knit a sock using a new book that I have wanted for a while and received for Christmas.  I was knitting a toe up sock using the Riverbed architecture from Cat Bordhi's book New Pathways for Sock Knitters.  After I finished this sock I tried it on. It was longer than I wanted.  It was wider than I wanted.   It just didn't fit.  This sock was a lot of work.  A lot of math and charts and flipping around in this book.  There was no way I was going to knit another sock using this method.  This got me thinking about the socks I've been knitting lately and how I've become rather disenchanted with knitting socks.  One thing that dawned on me is the amount of toe up and "new construction" I've been doing.  None of the toe up socks seemed to fit as well as my others.  Why was I messing with something that was already working for me? Top down and magic loop socks I can do with my eyes closed and they always work.  So I ripped out the sock and proceeded to do what I've done before.  As you can see I'm moving along nicely.  The sock thus far, fits like a dream.  I'm starting to feel my "sock mojo" coming back to me. What a relief!  My sock yarn stash is good to go!



Pattern:  Olympian Socks
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Super Sock Select colorway African Grey
Needles: Hiya Hiya US size 1.5 (2.5mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment