Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Blues

So this summer I tried not to buy too much yarn but as new store, coupon, or web sale presented itself, I found that I did added 3 sweaters worth of yarn to my stash. Evidently I am entering my blue mood.


The yarn on the left is Malabrigo Worsted in Bobby Blue purchased with a 20% off coupon at one of my local stores, Cozy's. I'm thinking of knitting this into Concur or Subatomic's version of the Shalom Cardigan.

The yarn in the middle is Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton in colorway Azul. This was purchased at my first ever visit to Knitting Addiction in Kill Devil Hills, NC. I've wanted to touch this yarn for awhile now and once I did I had to buy it. I am hoping it knits up as good as it feels. Also, Knitting Addiction is currently my favorite store in North Carolina. It was huge, had all my favorite yarns and much more, and I wished I could have stayed and hung out awhile. It's a good thing it's 3+ hours from my house or my wallet would always be empty. This yarn I'm hoping to knit into the Lutea-Lace Shoulder Shell.

The last yarn is Malabrigo Worsted (again) in colorway Marine. I have wanted this colorway for quite a while but every time I went to look for it, it was sold out. My luck improved for the Loopy Ewe's anniversary sale. I was hoping to buy the Malabrigo Twist this time but that colorway was there in the Worsted and that was that. This yarn is hopefully going to be knit up into Weezalana's version of the Lion Neck Cardigan.

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous yarns!! the lion neck cardigan will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty yarn pron! can't wait to see how your planned projects turn out!

    ReplyDelete