Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's Official...I'm Addicted

So, I just recently finished up my last pair of socks for Summer of Socks 2008 and I said to myself, "Thank god that's over, I think I'm sock'd out". I merrily went on my way finishing up other knitting like Helena, my neverending Chevron Scarf, and I've started my scarf for the Red Scarf Project. Now I sit here, completely out of my mind, thinking "Hmmmm, I think I need to start some more socks". Am I crazy? I must be addicted. I have a Ravelry queue full of sweaters and afghans I want to make. (Nevermind there are 30 sock patterns in there as well) Why more socks? I tell myself "Just start a nice pair of plain janes socks. You have enough sock yarn. You have too much sock yarn". Maybe that's it. Guilt from having so much yarn. I need to get over that. I'm just stashing for the future when maybe I won't be able to buy any. I need to go look at other peoples stashes on Ravelry. That'll show me how small my stash is.

Maybe with all the finishing I'm doing I'm gearing up for startitis. Socks, a sweater and an afghan...Sounds like the start of fall.

Here are the last pair of SOS08 socks. Lime in Violet superwash with nylon in the colorway Candyland.



Here is Helena from Knitty Summer08 in Bollycine Dolly merino.

No comments:

Post a Comment